Maybe you purchased some crypto or bought an NFT, on the whim of a YouTube or TikTok video or maybe a family member or friend showed you how.
In order to have purchased that crypto or NFT, let’s call them “digital assets”, it very likely that you created what’s called a digital wallet, or more commonly referred to as a crypto wallet.
The reality of the future is that in order to participate in the next version of the Web, aka Web3, you WILL need a digital wallet, just as you need a browser or app to access the internet today.
Little do many know, self-custody of these digital assets in one’s digital wallet poses a significant risk, if one does not know how to manage and secure the digital wallet.
In keeping with our mission, Web3 Texas will be presenting on this very topic at a very foundational level.
During this session, you can expect to learn at least, if not more, of the follow basics on digital wallets:
1. What is Web3
2. What is a digital wallet
3. Why you need a digital wallet
4. Types of Wallets - custodial v non-custodial
5. Wallet Mediums - hot v cold
6. Multi-sig and why this is important
7. How does the wallet work with the blockchain
8. Best practices (e.g., Protecting Private Key, Password Management, Seed Phrase backup, Multi Wallet strategy Using .eth addresses, etc.)
9. Signing transactions
10. How to get a wallet
We here at Web3 Texas believe that foundational learning is crucial in everyone’s foray into Web3.
So please join us, in-person or virtually, as we explore Digital Wallets.